A few months back when I got food poisoning I was CRAVING fruit and berries like nobodies business. I was NEVER a person to eat Grapes or buy them, but after getting better thats all I craved, Grapes, Oranges, & Strawberries.I had them in the refrigerator and after about 3 or 4 days I noticed mildew starting to grow, I was like OMG they are too fresh and new to be ruining so fast. So, I Yahoo’d why they started to mildew so fast, thats when I ran across few articles on Other uses for vinegar and It said that vinegar would keep it from growing mold. I was nervous at first, what if there was a vinegar taste? It wasn’t, It really works! Heres how
First, Take all your fruits, & Berries and put them in the (Clean) kitchen sink and fill with tap cold water, add 2 cups of vinegar (trust me just the smell is the only thing strong about it) to the water, let the fruits soak for about 10-15 mins. I left my strawberries and grapes in the bags they came in (I know thats lazy but that would be annoying trying to get them out after they were washed)
Then spread them out on a towel and let them dry before putting them in the refrigerator. I promise, this added at least 3 weeks to the life of my berries and grapes! and the apples don’t really get that white wax on the outside either.