So its the new year, is one of your new years resolutions “No more wild & wasted nights”? (Yeah me either) If it is, don’t trash that Vodka there is more uses for it than getting hammered. Here are some other uses for Vodka.
1. Keep them fresh. Did Vodka help you find love? Well it can help cherish what love sent. Add a few drops of vodka with a teaspoon of sugar to the water of fresh flowers to help them stay fresh longer. Make sure to change daily.
2. Keep them away! Other than killing doubts at the bar, it will also kill pesky insects such as wasp (don’t kill the bees) or you can spritz your skin and it will work as a repellent.
3. Freshen those linen. Add vodka to a spray bottle and spray on clothes & fabric that has odors.(spot check first to make sure its safe) Vodka kills odor causing bacteria. It may go on strong, but when vodka dries, no scent is left behind. So don’t worry about smelling like your wasted.
4.Dont let it spread. Allergic to Poison Ivy? Yeah, Me too! (Horribly at that!) When you have come into contact with poison ivy take vodka and pour on your skin to wash away the toxic oil that causes the reaction. Ive heard that rubbing alcohol works too. I will definitely try this because I break out EVERY YEAR!
5. Take it away. use a q-tip to apply to a cold sore to dry it out.
6.Earache? add a few drops of vodka to your day and let it sit for a few minutes, then drain. Vodka will kill the bacteria causing you pain in your ear.
7.Kill those foot odors! Got a bad foot odor? (like my brother!) spray the inside of your shoes & wash your feet with vodka, once again it kills odor causing bacteria, so no more cheesy smelling feet (or shoes)
8. Good Hair. Vodka doesn’t just make you Think people are prettier, it can also Make them. add a 2oz shot of vodka to a 12oz bottle of shampoo for shiny, healthier hair.
9.Kill the mold. Got mold build up, the stuff really spreads fast, even on showers. add vodka to a spray bottle and spritz the mold and let it sit for 15 minutes then using an old toothbrush scrub away.
10.Toothache? Swish a shot of vodka over the affected area, the vodka will disinfect and help numb the gum to relieve some of the pain. Just don’t go around any cops smelling like you’ve been partying down. 🙂
11.Shine them up! Take a soft cloth, add some vodka and wipe down chrome, glass, or porcelain for a wonderful, streak free shine. This also works great on mirrors & eyeglasses.
12.Keep them Rustless. Vodka will help your razors from getting rusty. Let them soak in a cup of vodka after us to prolong the life, disinfect, & keep them from rusting. (I have a tendency to leave mine in the shower & they always rust!)
13. Get it off! Have a bandage that stuck on? use vodka to wet the bandage, vodka kills the adhesive on bandages resulting in a painless removal.
15. Take the sting away. On vacation & stung by a jelly fish? Oh NO! Who travels with meat tenderizer? I also don’t really feel comfortable letting someone give a golden shower to the sting. But we all travel with vodka on vacation, right? Vodka can disinfect & also alleviate some of the bite of a jellyfish sting. (I feel more comfortable with this way)
16. Tighten them up! Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten those pores up.
17. Clean it up. Oh no! You’ve drank to much vodka and now there is vomit stains. Use what caused the problem to clean it up. Spray vodka on vomit stains & use a brush to scrub it up, blot it dry and Poof the only memory left from last night is a headache from this morning.
18. Head Snowing? Try this for dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry. No more flakes of snow in your head now!